Today is the day!!

Posted by dani handrian

Today is the day! A day we have been dreaming of for nearly 5 years. 5 years!! Ever since we moved in we have hated (with a big old capital H) our roof tiles. We knew they would be gone eventually - and today IS eventually. The 'men' will be here in about 30 minutes to start taking them away. No more Mexican style roof for us. Soon it will be sleek and stylish.

I can't tell you how excited we are. Poor Stephen said he hasn't slept a wink all night (which is a major pity as he has a huge day moving the 4,000+ tiles down to the back paddock when the men take them off).
I'll post more update pics soon and once the render is done, and the new windows installed, and the exterior of the fireplaced 'stoned' like our interior fireplace - I'll post you all some finished pics. Now I must run and get dressed before they get here so they don't catch me in my PJs.


ps. the bricked up bit on the right is where out front door used to be. the bit beside that was a big window we filled in (and where our tv hangs on the inside). you can see one of the old windows resting up against the wall. the driveway will one day be lillydale topping. OK, I'll stop with the 'will-be-fixed-so-just-ignore-how-ugly-it-is-now' explanations

 

Copyright © 2009 stylist garden | Design by [blogger merak dua]