The mother juggle ..

Posted by dani handrian
Image via Pinterest

Do you juggle? I'm not talking balls .. but being a mum and work? I tried today - and now, the end of the day, I feel I failed.

I took the day off work. I mean, it's the END OF THE YEAR. It is SO busy - I mean extremely busy - and I took the kids out of school and took them to Adventure Park (a water-type them park down thisaway). Sounds good in theory. A special treat for the boys. A great day out being a mum - just a mum. I know 'other' mums do it. I feel guilty for not being like 'other' mums. And I had promised them I would take them before school holidays started. I figured today was the best (and only) possible day I could manage it. We had a ball. It was hot. My sister came. One of their friends came from school too. We all wagged and went on the water slide.

Then I got home. There were so many emails. Brochures needing to be printed urgently (even one that the client has been dilly dallying on with for SEVEN months), umbrellas that weren't delivered (the couriers fault), press ads that needed to be sent to the newspapers and 3 new jobs (on top of the 15 existing ones) that simply must be done before the christmas break.

So I guess my juggling act failed - here it is .. the end of the day, I am plain old exhausted and feel in need of a big cry.
I guess I want to know - do any of you out there get like this, try to do what I did today and actually succeed?


ps. I know I don't usually post 'life' type posts - that is best left to the likes of Baby Mac and Sara .. but just this once is OK isn't it???

 

Copyright © 2009 stylist garden | Design by [blogger merak dua]